Whitney's Blog

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Whoa. It's November. The semester is getting very close to being over, which is odd, and for some classes it is very exciting. Of course with the semester getting close to over it means that I am busier than I ever have been. Before Thanksgiving break I have 1 presentation (yuck, World Lit!), 1 quiz, 5 tests, and 1 paper. Yikes! Shortly after Thanksgiving break I have 3 papers due. Some people have commented about how they never see me anymore, and sadly it is true. I mostly just see people who are in my classes, and occassionally in passing or for brief moments I get to see the others.

I've had some very interesting class experiences this year. For the very first time I got to go on a field trip with my class (because field trip with your family is just not the same). We went to an elementary school and everyone helped 1 or 2 students write a story.

In that same class (we had been learning about child development) our professor brought in his 5 year old grandson and let him teach the class. We played duck, duck, goose and simon says.

My Intro to Social Work class is lots of fun, mostly because we all talk a lot and joke around a lot of the time. But it's not like we aren't listening, because the professor is joking around with us. Lots of papers in there though... that isn't as much fun.

I also had another interesting classroom experience in there today. You see, my friend Leslie and I met last night to do a little bit of studying. During our studying we decided that we needed to memorize the 10 core values of social workers. So that's just what we did... only we added motions too. Well, Leslie mentioned this to our professor, who then mentioned it to the class, everyone in the class then wanted to see it. So infront of the class we recited them all... complete with motions. And we weren't even sure of it when we were studying for the test, but we will need to know them for the test. Yes! Now only about 50 other things to learn for it. Back to studying!

Oh and also, I would just like to say.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY!!!!

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Name:
Location: United States

Archive