Whitney's Blog

Friday, October 28, 2005

Never say you have nothing to blog about.

That's what I learned today. I made the mistake of telling someone today that I had nothing to blog about, not a good idea. The day started out normal but after that it quickly took a turn towards weird/bad/crazy/, with good parts too.

I guess I'll just start at the beginning... this morning was like any other morning, I unhappily got out of bed and got ready... then just I was about leave I thought I went to grab my phone and I was standing right by my bed and as I turned my jeans were caught on the corner and they ripped. Great. Since I was already rushed for time I just wore them, all day. I think I'm just going to fix them, they are still good jeans but with a rip on the back of the right leg.

Beginning of work was great, then I headed out to lunch with Kate, which of course was fun. We stopped by her apartment and saw the jungle. W then ate, chatted a bit and some other stuff and headed back to church. It was sometime in there I mentioned the nothing to blog about thing.

It started with going to Sam's... just a regular get some more stuff for the cafe trip, until I drove all the way there and was in the parking lot when I realized I didn't bring my Sam's card. Great. So I drove all the way back and got it, then drove back to Sam's and proceeded with my shopping. Shopping was ok, nothing too exciting until I was checking out. I was just standing there watching the cashier ring up my stuff and all the sudden somebody runs up and gives me a hug. That was a scary moment. I was a little unsure of what to do for a moment, until I realized it was Kate C.! I knew she was going to be there around the same time as me, but I didn't figure I'd see her (it is a big store). I was excited! Then I went and got a slush for the way back to church and that turned into quite an adventure. It was filled just a little too full, I didn't even notice it. So I go to put a lid on and it overflows, I'm trying to clean it and it's just not going well, I eventually give up and as I'm walking out of the store it's still dripping everywhere. Great. It was all over the cup and my hands, but suprisingly I didn't get anywhere else on me. However this is what my hands looked like for a short while:

Maybe it doesn't look so bad, but it was sticky and would not come off. Work got a little crazy after that trying to get things done, then the signs weren't ready when I needed to pick them up... needless to say it put me in a bad mood.

After a few errands and still in a bad mood later I arrived at Jenn's where we were going to be cleaning. It was Kate, Lindsey, Taylor, and HiL when I arrived (Jeff and Krista also came later). It was an interesting (in a good way) night.

After quite a bit of cleaning we stopped for some snacks, Kate was on the phone so that left us to entertain ourselves. What did we do? Well this of course!
My camera was having issues... which is why this one is so blurry.
Then Krista had to rescue Lindsey from the tree. Oh the crazy times!

Then we all just hung out for a bit and went our seperate ways. Overall I guess I would have to say that the day turned out good. Just be careful what you say!

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Name:
Location: United States

Archive